Access to Information on Dioxin Emissions of Open Waste Burning and Adverse Health Effects of Dioxin Exposure
Reports and Research Papers
1. Lemieux, P. 1997. Evaluation of Emissions from the Open Burning of Household Waste in Barrels, Vol. 1. Technical Report, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, National Risk Management Research Laboratory, Research Triangle Park, NC. EPA/600/R-97-134a (NTIS PB98-127343).
2. Gullett, B. K., P. Lemieux, C. Winterrowd, D. Winters. 2000. PCDD/F Emissions from Uncontrolled Domestic Waste Burning. Presented at Dioxin ’00, 20th International Symposium on Halogenated and Environmental Organic Pollutants & POPs, held Aug 13-17 at Monterey, CA. Corrected revision of short paper in Organohalogen Compounds 46: 193-196.
3. US Environmental Protection Agency. 2000. Exposure and Human Health Reassessment of 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-Dioxin (TCDD) and Related Compounds.
4. American Institute for Cancer Research. 1997. Food Nutrition and the Prevention of Cancer: a global perspective.
5. Canadian Breast Cancer Initiative. 2001. Review of Lifestyle and Environmental Risk Factors for Breast Cancer. The Canadian Breast Cancer Initiative Workshop on the Primary Prevention of Breast Cancer, Quebec City, Quebec.
6. Warner, M., B. Eskenazi, P. Mocarelli, P. M. Gerthoux, S. Samuels, L. Needham, D. Patterson and P. Brambilla. Serum Dioxin Concentrations and Breast Cancer Risk in the Seveso Women’s Health Study. Environmental Health Perspectives, V 110: No 7, pp 625-628, July 2002.
7. Focant, J.-F., Pirard, C., Massart, A.-C., De Pauw, E. 2003. Survey of commercial pasturised cows’ milk in Wallonia (Belgium) for the occurrence of polychlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins, dibenzofurans and coplanar polychlorinated biphenyls. Chemosphere 52: 725-733.
US Environmental Protection Agency’s Dioxin Reassessment
Institute of Medicine’s July 2003 Report titled Dioxins and Dioxin-like Compounds in the Food Supply: Strategies to Decrease Exposure
Website of the Great Lakes Binational Toxics Strategy Burn Barrel subgroup of the Dioxins and Furans Working Group
Website of the Global Alliance for Incineration Alternatives (GAIA)
Website of the International POPs Elimination Network (IPEN)
Dioxin Exposure Cancer Risk Assessment Page of the Minnesota Department of Health
Refuse Heap Burning Dioxin Emissions